Comment on page
Ethereum to Polygon Bridge Manual
As FOUR token Multiverse is expanding, it is important to know how to use it. The first step is always the bridge. FOUR tokens have been integrated into the official Ethereum — Polygon cross-chain bridge, so ERC-20 FOUR token holders can now easily migrate between two universes.
Bridging ERC-20 FOUR tokens to Polygon Mainnet
Using a scalability solution is almost a must nowadays, where interacting with contracts in the Ethereum Mainnet can be very costly from a gas perspective. With that in mind, we extend FOUR token multiverses in Polygon. If you have tokens in Ethereum main net you can bridge them to Polygon main net.
Below we’ll present a step-by-step guide on how to do it. The process consists of three parts:
- 1.Connect Polygon Mainnet in Metamask (as it doesn’t come integrated as a default).
- 2.Make sure you have MATIC tokens (to pay for gas costs)
- 3.Bridge your tokens to Polygon.
Connecting Polygon main net in Metamask and bridging your tokens
In order to add the Polygon Network to your Metamask, follow this step:
- 1.Open your Metamask
- 2.Click on the Networks section
- 3.Once the Networks list shows up, click on “Custom RPC”
- 4.Add the following information:
- Network Name: Polygon Mainnet
- Chain ID: 137
- Currency Symbol (optional): MATIC
Interacting with Protocols in Polygon
To use the protocols in Polygon, it is necessary that you:
- 1.Have MATIC tokens to pay for the gas costs (which at the moment are waaaaay cheaper when compared to the gas costs in the Ethereum main net)
- 2.Bridge your tokens from Ethereum main net to Polygon
Getting MATIC tokens
Just like ETH is required to pay for the gas costs of any contract interaction in the Ethereum Mainnet MATIC is necessary (for the same reason) in Polygon.
You can get MATIC tokens in any DEX available in the Ethereum Main net (such as at @SushiSwap, @Uniswap, or @1inch, for example) and then bridge the tokens to Polygon. Check the below instruction for FOUR tokens you can use the same steps to bridge MATIC token to Polygon.
Bridging tokens from Ethereum Main net to Polygon
Users can bring tokens from the Ethereum main net to Polygon through Polygon’s official bridge or through other protocols that provide this same service, such as Zapper.
Note: Do not forget that MATIC tokens are necessary to interact with any contract in Polygon.
So let’s go through a step-by-step here by using the official bridge.
- 2.Once the wallet is connected, type FOUR tokens in the search field and click on Deposit. You will be redirected to the Bridge option.
- 3.Type the desired amount of FOUR tokens and click Transfer. You will get notice.
- 4.Confirm notice by clicking Continue.
- 5.Confirm transaction fees by clicking Continue.
6. Confirm the transaction by clicking Continue.
- 7.Confirm the transaction in Metamask by clicking the blue button Confirm
- 8.Transaction in the progress window.
- 9.Confirm the transaction on the polygon in Metamask by clicking the blue button Confirm
- 10.Transaction in the progress window. Waiting for the transaction to complete.
- 11.Transaction completed
Once the transaction is complete, your outstanding balance will be updated in Polygon’s dashboard. So that’s it! You’re ready to explore the Polygon network, swap your crypto, and save money with gas costs 🙌🏼.